Before Class Starts:
- install UiPath Community Edition (Windows only): https://www.uipath.com/developers/community-editio
- Create an Account at https://academy.uipath.com, and
- At https://academy.uipath.com/learn/mycourses , go to 'RPA Developer Training'. From there, go to 'Level 1 - Foundation Training'. From there, complete 'Lesson 1 - Introduction to UiPath' and continue on until you finish 'Lesson 7 - Image and Text Automation'. Aim to have these videos finished by no later than week 3.
- Add the UiPath Extension to Google Chrome. Fully log out of Chrome, and, in Chrome settings, make sure that whenever chrome is opened, it goes to a new tab. This will allow your robots to quickly and consistently use Chrome.
- If you are unfamiliar with what the IT world looks like, read the first few chapters of 'The Phoenix Project', by Gene Kim. (The Audio book on Audible is great)
- If you goal is to become a strong Developer, start reading "The Pragmatic Programmer" by David Thomas and Andrew Hunt
- Start learning RPA Business Terms*